It may have leaked a bit earlier this week, but now we have the official announcement of Darksiders Warmastered Edition from Nordic Games and KAIKO.
Today Nordic Games officially announced Darksiders Warmastered Edition coming to PC, PlayStation®4 (PS4™) and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Nintendo Wii U.
“We had a short-lived epidemic of premature emancipation, causing the affected persons to burp out sensitive info a little sooner than planned,” says Philipp Brock, PR & Marketing Director at Nordic Games, and continues, “but after a minor surgery and some medication, we got it all under control.”
Darksiders Warmastered Edition Features:
- PS4, Xbox One and Wii U versions of Darksiders (Wrath of War)
- Native 1080p rendering resolution for console platforms
- 4k support and additional video options for PC
- Doubled all the texture resolutions
- Rendering improvements and rework
- Better shadow rendering quality
- Post processing effects
- 60 FPS in moment to moment gameplay (PS4, Xbox One, PC, 30 for WiiU)
About Darksiders Warmastered Edition:
Deceived by the forces of evil into prematurely bringing about the end of the world, War – the first Horseman of the Apocalypse – stands accused of breaking the sacred law by inciting a war between Heaven and Hell. In the slaughter that ensued, the demonic forces defeated the heavenly hosts and laid claim to the Earth.
Brought before the sacred Charred Council, War is indicted for his crimes and stripped of his powers. Dishonored and facing his own death, War is given the opportunity to return to Earth to search for the truth and punish those responsible.
Hunted by a vengeful group of Angels, War must take on the forces of Hell, forge uneasy alliances with the very demons he hunts, and journey across the ravaged remains of the Earth on his quest for vengeance and vindication.
- Apocalyptic Power – Unleash the wrath of War, combining brutal attacks and
supernatural abilities to decimate all who stand in your way
- Extreme Arsenal – Wield a devastating arsenal of angelic, demonic and Earthly
weapons; and blaze a trail of destruction atop Ruin, War’s fiery phantom steed
- Epic Quest – Battle across the wastelands and demon-infested dungeons of the
decimated Earth in your quest for vengeance and redemption
- Character Progression – Uncover powerful ancient relics, upgrade your weapons,
unlock new abilities, and customize your gameplay style
- Battle Heaven and Hell – Battle against all who stand in your way – from war-weary angelic forces to Hell’s hideous demon hordes
The release for all platforms is set for October 25th 2016, and it will retail for USD/EUR 19.99, and GBP 14,99, respectively. Darksiders Warmastered Edition is being developed by the experienced developers at KAIKO, who have already been involved with some of Nordic Games’ projects in the past, like the Xbox One Version of Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition and Legend of Kay Anniversary (all platforms).